T.I.P.S.

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

More Tales from The Other Side

I've been gone for a few days. I apologize, my internet service has been down, still is (thank you Mom for lending me your computer), so if you don't see any new posts in the following days you have an explanation.

Now I have a question, an observation, a few opinions and a recommendation:

Does the term Customer Service apply when pertaining to a call center with a recorded message? Is this Customer Service? (Okay, that's two questions...)
But please let me know what you think.

My internet connection is cable modem, it's pretty fast and up til now has been very reliable. Since last week I've been trying to reach the cable company (unsuccesfully), to notify that I have no internet service, in the hopes that they can give me some answers and/or fix my problem.

If I add up the amount of time I've been on hold with the Customer Service Call Center Department it's more than an hour of listening to 80's music and a voice recording that keeps telling me that all the technicians are busy helping other clients, that my phone call is important and they will tend to me briefly.

In my opinion, if my call was so important I wouldn't be listening to a voice recording or waiting indefinite amounts of time to hopefully speak to someone who can help me. Briefly is a relative quantity. What is briefly for me may not be for you.

With this in mind, I make the following recommendation to companies who may use voice recordings in their Customer Service Departments. Inform the person calling of the approximate waiting time before their call will be attented to by an actual human being. In this way the person can decide if they want to wait or try again later. Provide options please!

Steering away from my topic before I go and try my luck for the upteenth time with the cable company, I want to mention a blog that's also about Customer Service, http://customerservice.typepad.com take a minute and drop in on Glenn Ross in Texas, tell him Diana the TIPS lady sent you.

Til next time...Have a nice day!


;oDD

P.S. Look for more on Customer Service Call Centers in the near future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home